Corporate headshots are crucial when it comes to portraying your company in the best possible light. Showing the human side of your business on your website helps you build trust with your clients, personalizes your brand, and attracts higher-quality employees.
In order to help you take maximum advantage of your corporate photography session in San Francisco, we have prepared a list of 6 tried-and-true tips on what to do to get the most effective corporate headshot possible. Read on to learn more.
How to organize a great corporate headshot shoot?
There are two types of photography portraits: editorial and professional. Editorial headshots are usually done at the place where the actual work of the company is being done. This is more original and creative than using a plain background, while still looking highly professional.
On the other hand, professional headshots are typically taken at a photography studio with specialized lighting and a neutral background. Depending on the image you want to project, clothing may be professional or casual.
Whether you’re looking for an editorial or professional headshot will determine how you’ll organize the photoshoot with the rest of your staff. Editorial headshots can easily be taken during work hours, while professional headshots will require more preparation or even a dedicated trip to the photography studio.
Here are 6 tips to get the most out of your corporate headshot session:
- Tip #1: A genuine smile is unmistakable. When taking a photo where you’re smiling, think of something or someone who makes you laugh. Also, you can smile with or without your teeth: either option works just fine on a corporate headshot.
- Tip #2: Don’t worry too much about your hair. Dying or cutting your hair right before the photoshoot can make it appear too vibrant and unnatural in a photograph.
- Tip #3: Think about your posture. It’s no coincidence that a good posture projects health and confidence. The goal is to keep your back straight without slumping your shoulders or pushing them too far back, and keep your hands out of your pockets.
- Tip #4: Consider your appearance. Many people don’t like showing their bodies from certain angles, or are self-conscious about certain facial features. Professional photographers are fully aware of this, so feel free to let them know about it and have them find a different perspective.
- Tip #5: Do you need a make-up artist? It’s purely up to you. Reliable companies that provide corporate headshot photography often have their own make-up artists who can provide you with exactly the kind of make-up you prefer.
- Tip #6: What will you wear? If no dress code is specified for the shoot, a good rule of thumb is for men to wear dark colors such as navy blue or grey, and for women to wear classic office-wear outfits that have no bold patterns or short sleeves.
Who should I call if I need first-rate corporate photography in San Francisco?
Just as you wouldn’t hire an inexperienced janitorial company to clean your offices or entrust a “budget” web designer to create your company’s website, you should never try to cut corners when it comes to getting a great set of corporate headshots for your team.
Here at Profile Business Photography, we take great pride in providing the very finest photography services to individuals and businesses in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Sacramento.
Our photographers will gladly show up at your premises regardless of whether they’re located in the suburbs of San Francisco or at the very heart of the Financial District. Call us today if you’d like to schedule a shoot or ask further questions.